It involves concepts such as :
- Construction Technology
An architect makes use of the above mentioned aspects to design, plan and make buildings and other structures. It is performed in such a manner that resources and space are employed in the simplest manner possible!Majority of the students in India do not have access to information regarding architecture studies offered by various universities.
ARCHITECTURE COURSES AVAILABLE IN INDIA
- Diploma Program
Admission Procedure: You may procure entry into reputed institutes via polytechnic entry exams or institute-level entry exams.10th and 12th pass students are eligible to pursue the Diploma course.The academic program is 3 years long.
- Arch (UG)
UG stands for Undergraduate degree. It consists of Bachelor’s Degree courses. students who have finished 12th standard (with PCM ) are qualified to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree course.Diploma students are also eligible to pursue the Bachelor’s Degree courses through lateral entry.Every academic year is split into two semesters. B.Arch is a 5 years course. Each semester is for 6 months.
- Arch. (Postgraduate)
M.Arch stands for Postgraduate degree. It is a Master’s Degree courses in Architecture. Candidates that have completed an applicable Bachelor’s Degree are entitled to pursue PG courses.
There are two types of M.Arch. programs available in India..
- Arch. (General)
M.Arch. (General) course deals with core architecture subjects.
- Arch. (Specialization)
M.Arch. (Specialization) differs in the overall course. This system covers both core design topics in addition to specialty subjects. This program functions with a sub-discipline inside the architecture industry.
Here are a Few of the notable Specialization
- Arch. in Architectural Design
- Arch. in Architectural Conservation
- Arch. in Landscape Design
- Arch. in Architectural History
Every academic year is split into two semesters. Each semester is for 6 months. March is a 2 years course.
Admission Process: In order to secure entry into reputed colleges/universities for M.Arch, students have to crack the applicable entrance examination.
- Doctoral Level
Doctoral Degree programs are more advanced than Master’s and PG Diploma classes. M.Phil. And PhD have been Doctoral Degree degree courses. students who have completed applicable Master’s Degree courses are eligible to pursue Doctoral Degree courses.
It requires approximately 4 years to finish this program.
Career & Jobs
- The livelihood opportunities for architects are extremely large due to the boom in the building and designing sectors. They are demanded in various private and government associations.
- Architects have a lot of job opportunities in builder companies, universities, consultancy businesses, etc. International marketplace especially the United States, Australia and Dubai provide appealing career prospects for architecture graduates.
- Architects can work in the office as well as in the construction field where they’re hired as designers. You might even work independently and make a job through consultancy fees that depend upon your own abilities, profile and expertise.
- As an Architect, your occupation isn’t confined to designing corporate offices. rather than you can design homes, colonies, flats, hospitals, resorts, stadiums, shopping complexes, schools and industrial complexes, etc..
- In the Government Sector, Students have more opportunities for jobs such as Archaeological Department, National Building Organization, Ministry of Defense, Departments of Railways, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, Public Works Department, etc.
- Some other organizations also hire architects: Builders, State Departments, Consultants, Local Bodies for construction works, Architecture Firms, etc.
- After finishing graduation, it is possible to opt for higher studies. You can pursue a Master’s level or specialisation studies in the field of architecture.
- It is also possible to function as a lecturer in variety of renowned Institutions.
- You can work as an independent architectural company or under the guidance of a well-established architect.
- As an Architectural Advisor, you get the benefits to work in various organisations.
- Data Analyst
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Staff Consultant
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant Manager
- Sales/Business development Manager
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Historian/Journalist
- Art Director
- Building Contractor
- Landscape Architect
- Jones Lang LaSalle Meghraj
- Manchanda Associates
- Architect Consultants
- VSA Space Design (P) Ltd.
- Edifice Architects Pvt.Ltd.
- Chitra Vishwanath Architects
- Sahara Group
The Salary increases along with your expertise within this discipline. Candidates with a work experience of over 5 years may get a salary between Rs. 8 Lac to Rs. 10 Lacs annually. The salary is high from the private sector when compared with the government industry. In the United states, architects can make a salary approximately $95000 per annum. The wages will also be contingent on your job profile, company, place & labour experience.